Turn off sorting in Item Pane?

Is there any way to turn off automatic sorting in the Item Pane (or turn off the view moving with the re-sorted item)? I'm working through fixing a long list of entries and when I change something, the pane moves to the new place where the item is, so I have to navigate back to where I was on the list. If possible, it would be great to be able to stay in the same place and just work down a list.
  • No, items have to be sorted by something. Try sorting by Date Added, which doesn't change as you move through the list and make changes. You can enable the Date Added column in the menu that appears when you right-click on the column headers at the top of the pane.
  • Great, thanks, that works for many things. I'm also adding parent items to a lot of PDFs that don't have them - any ideas of how to do that without having to navigate back to the PDF list I'm working through (the parent item creation makes a new "Date Added").
  • edited April 8, 2022
    No sort would prevent jumping around when you do that, unfortunately. To make the list more manageable, you could add a tag to a smaller set of work-in-progress items and filter to it, or add them to a temporary collection (items can be in multiple collections).