Unable to cite papers using Zotero after saving Word document

Report ID 12832395

I've been having trouble adding citations to my document. I've tried copy-pasting the writing as text only in a new document, but to no avail. In the new document, I can add citations if I have not saved the file. However, once I've saved it, I received an error saying "Zotero experienced an error updating your document.

Would you like to view troubleshooting instructions?
  • dstillman Zotero Team
    edited April 5, 2022
    What format are you saving the file in? Are you saving to OneDrive? If so, try removing spaces in the filename.
  • Hello, the file is saved in docx. I've tried removing spaces and saving in my documents instead, but it's still not working.
  • dstillman Zotero Team
    edited April 5, 2022
    Can you restart Zotero and provide another Report ID after saving to My Documents?
  • Hello, I've restarted my computer and it now works, even if the file is stored in OneDrive. Thank you for the advice.
Sign In or Register to comment.