prevent zotero pdf reader from connecting with internet

How can I prevent pdf files being displayed by Zotero from activating embedded URLs
  • Could you say a bit more about the use case? The PDF reader doesn't actually connect to the internet. It just allows you to click embedded URLs. I don't think there's a way to block that -- why should there be?
  • Once any reader displays the pdf, any object with the appropriate code can link to the internet via the embedded URL. Both Adobe and Foxit can be set to block this action. Also my antivirus (Norton) can be set up to remove scripts from documents including pdfs.
    Instead, is there any way of over-riding the double click on the pdf icon that then directs the pdf to be opened by the default pdf reader as in earlier versions of Zotero?
    Thanks
  • Sure, but those are really just links, there's nothing particularly nefarious about them -- you can also open links straight from the Zotero interface (and as opposed to Foxit and Adobe, Zotero's PDF Viewer doesn't execute macros or other embedded code that could actually be used to exploit security holes).

But sure, you can set your preferred PDF reader in the general tab of the preferences.