Referencing to certain part of the video / audio recording

This is a question or feature request.

I am somehow not able to find a way how to correctly refer to a certain section of a video or audio recording. There is only one field called "Running time: but when inserting a citation I would like to be able to refer e.g. to a certain time or a specific time range, like "01:45:00" or "min. 5-12" or something like that. The only way I can handle it is to store this information in Notes and then manually insert it via Edit citation tool.

I know adding a field is a touchy issue, but this one might be useful.

Thanks for any hint of this

A.
  • but this is not part of the citation, is it? What you describe would be the same as inserting pages when you cite an article (it also varies depending on your citation. You do not want it fixed in the database, rather you want to be able to change it from one cite to the other). Thus you could insert the time range as suffix in the repsective field in the word/Oo citation tool.
    If you want to make use of time range to make notes referrring to specific instances of a movie, then use it as first line in notes, again, as you would do with pages in a book.
  • Yes, this is true, it should not be part of the citation. But then again, Word/Oo citation directly supports inserting 16 different fields/suffixes when inserting citation, starting with page, ending with verse, but there doesn't seem to be one for referencing time. The closes thing is maybe Opus? Part? Which in use with podcast or youtbue video... ;-)