two citations keep breaking my bibliography-font and I don't know why

The font of my bibliography keeps changing to Times except I set it to Arial. Deleting the two citations (see below) fixes this.

The citations are laws:
§ 111 AktG, (1965). https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/aktg/__111.html
§ 158 AktG, (1965). https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/aktg/__158.html

The entry-type is law as well, but changing it to another type doesnt fix the problem.

The two are the first and second entry of my bibliography.

Is this a (known) bug? Or what can I do to stop my bibliography-font from changing to Times?
  • edited March 29, 2022
    Are you using Word for Windows? What version of Word? What Zotero bibliographic style? Are all listings in the bibliography in Times or only the first two?

Look at your style settings for Word (not Zotero). There should be an option for bibliography, endnotes or something similar. Is the font set to Arial or set to Times?

I seem to remember that a Word bug existed on earlier versions that caused problems if the first item on the reference list began with certain character or if there were "too many" characters of the first reference in an italics font.

As a test insert a reference to something else (journal article, report, etc.) as the first reference. Does this fix the Areal/Times problem?

I apologize if I'm giving you useless advice (I haven't used Word for Windows in several years). I remember having a similar problem then. As none of the regular experts here have responded in >12 hours I thought I'd try to help until a better person can assist you.
  • edited March 29, 2022
    Thanks for your reply!

Yes, totally forgot to mention that. I'm using Word 365 for Enterprise (Version 2202) and Zotero 6.0.4. The bibliographic style is APA 7.
    All listings are in times, except when I delete the first two. In this case a refresh changes the font back to normal (Arial).

And yes, in the style settings the option is set to Arial.

Inserting a test reference as the first reference e.g. with "§ 100" as the author/title does fix the problem, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the characters.

It is not that big of a deal to change the font in the end, but maybe it is a bug and can be fixed in future versions.
    Thanks for your help!
  • Thanks, we've been looking for a while for a way to reproduce this consistently. It's not super high priority but we'll look into solving it in the intermediate future.