fail to show annotations import from liquidtext

I use "import from zotero" function in liquidtext to create a new project for an article, and do some highlights and make some comments. Then saving the project, and liquidtext will update the file to zotero automatically.

The thing is It shows all the comments and highlights I made when I use "preview" (the default PDF reader for Mac) to open the PDF. However, these markers totally disappeared when I use zotero inner reader. I wonder if there is a bug or I give it a wrong setting?
  • This is happening to me as well. I'm exporting from my iPad and reuploading with annotations being sent to Zotero. Mac OS Preview shows them but the internal PDF viewer in Zotero doesn't show the highlights. It will, however, show the pen annotations I've made.
  • We need an example PDF where annotations are visible in other viewers but not in Zotero. You can send it to support@zotero.org also including a link to this thread.
  • I have this issue as well. I highlight and comment the papers on liquidtext and when I open them using the Zotero PDF reader I can see the pencil annotations but I cannot see the highlights or comments. However, when opened using Adobe reader I can see both.

Could you help with this. Thanks.
  • @pablocal

You probably sent us an example file, but I still don't see what exactly is the problem. I'm testing on Zotero 7 beta.

1) Which Zotero version do you use?
    2) Can you point out on which page and which particular highlight or comment appears to be missing?
  • Yes, I have sent a PDF file to you earlier today.

1) I use zotero 6.0.27.

2) There are plenty of highlights on pages 5, 6 and 7 of the PDF I have sent. I can see the highlights on Adobe PDF, but I cannot on the Zotero PDF reader.

Thanks,

Pablo
  • @pablocal You should try Zotero 7 beta.