My Zotero has MS Word schizophrenia - please help!
Dear community,
I have suddenly encountered a strange problem that is setting me back weeks in my work. If I open an old (approx. 1 month) MS Word document and add a citation in the text, Zotero can find all my normal citations without problems. But if I make a new MS Word document and try to add a citation, Zotero only finds the references I added over the last couple of weeks. It would seem that Zotero is looking two different places for the citations but I can only find one folder with zotero.sqlite files on my PC when I search the harddrive. To make it even more strange, if I log on to the Zotero website and look in my Web Library I find a whole different set of my much older references but nothing from the last five years.
I will be eternally grateful if someone can help me locate my normal citations and make them accessible in new MS Word documents!
Best wishes,
Troels
I have suddenly encountered a strange problem that is setting me back weeks in my work. If I open an old (approx. 1 month) MS Word document and add a citation in the text, Zotero can find all my normal citations without problems. But if I make a new MS Word document and try to add a citation, Zotero only finds the references I added over the last couple of weeks. It would seem that Zotero is looking two different places for the citations but I can only find one folder with zotero.sqlite files on my PC when I search the harddrive. To make it even more strange, if I log on to the Zotero website and look in my Web Library I find a whole different set of my much older references but nothing from the last five years.
I will be eternally grateful if someone can help me locate my normal citations and make them accessible in new MS Word documents!
Best wishes,
Troels
Upgrade Storage
I have now made a partial rescue by using the Reference Extractor (https://rintze.zelle.me/ref-extractor/) on one of my older files that has most of my critical references (100+) and imported them into my library (and logged in now). I will be sure to send Rintze Zelle some Ko-Fi money! @adamsmith: thanks for answering to my question