‘add note from annotations’ function is not visible to me
I recently got zotero after being told that it allows me to extract annotations from word documents. This is a wonderful function and i spent a whole week inserting all my data into the zotero library. However, when today I wanted to extract the annotations, this function disappeared. The pdf now appears inside zotero and some of the highlights are in the left column. However i can no longer lift them into my word file - as I used to. Also - lot's of highlights were missed out - it was totally incomplete.
I saw this comment:
https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/zotfile_extract_annotations
Here it says that I can right click to ‘add note from annotations’ – but this function does not appear when I right-click documents.
Can anyone tell me how I can get that function? Do I need to add a specific function? I don’t just want to have a text in the left column with the things I underlined (which was anyway incomplete) – I am looking to copy this information into a separate document.
'Extract annotations' was such a great function and is a real shame that they took it away.
I saw this comment:
https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/zotfile_extract_annotations
Here it says that I can right click to ‘add note from annotations’ – but this function does not appear when I right-click documents.
Can anyone tell me how I can get that function? Do I need to add a specific function? I don’t just want to have a text in the left column with the things I underlined (which was anyway incomplete) – I am looking to copy this information into a separate document.
'Extract annotations' was such a great function and is a real shame that they took it away.
-
dstillman Zotero TeamYou have to click the parent item, as shown in the screenshot on that page.
-
bovensieThanks - this worked.
Upgrade Storage