Strongly request to switch back to the note editor of Zotero 5

I once thought that Zotero 5's note editor was the best note tool out there, however, the best part of it is now gone.
> The original function buttons have been forcibly merged.
> The original heading1 to heading 6 format are also gone.
> The windowed mode displays the parent item, which helps a lot with the work,but now it is gone.
> The supported formats have been drastically reduced and the copied web content is not well presented.
> The insertion of images is also very bad.
I used to think that Zotero was the best knowledge management tool when the editor added an outline (table of contents) view. Yet now it is drifting away.
In addition to the editor, the PDF viewer forced to use the built-in browser, which greatly limits the freedom of the software, making the original highly customizable open source features disappeared.
It should be said that Zotero 6 should not be a new version, but should be a separate branch of the release.
I can't accept the current changes very much. A change back to the PDF viewer option and the original note editor is strongly requested.

• (you can just set Zotero to use your preferred PDF viewer/editor in the general tab of the preferences)
  • edited March 21, 2022
    @hiloki: The hyperbole isn't productive. We're not switching back to the old editor, which was just a stock HTML editor. The new note editor enables much of the advanced annotation and note-taking functionality available in Zotero 6, such as annotation and citation support, and provides a foundation for many more powerful features to come come.

Most of the previous note functionality is still available, and there are quicker ways to trigger most functions.
    The original heading1 to heading 6 format are also gone.
    You can set headings 1 through 3 in the "Aa" menu. You can also use Markdown # syntax to create headings 1 through 6. (Nearly all Markdown syntax works in the new editor.)
    The windowed mode displays the parent item, which helps a lot with the work,but now it is gone.
    There's a "Show in Library" button to take you back to the parent item, but we'll look into showing the parent item title in the window.
    I used to think that Zotero was the best knowledge management tool when the editor added an outline (table of contents) view.
    Are you talking about ZotFile's table-of-contents extraction feature? That wasn't a Zotero feature and as far as I know is still available in ZotFile. The new PDF reader display a PDF's table of contents/bookmarks in the left-hand sidebar.
    The supported formats have been drastically reduced and the copied web content is not well presented.
    You'd have to be more specific.
    The insertion of images is also very bad.
    Huh? Zotero 5 didn't support images in notes at all — the fact that it worked at all was a fluke. It caused performance problems and it broke syncing. Zotero 6 officially supports images in notes — you can drag them in or paste them from the web. It's just not currently possible to paste in images from the filesystem (which only semi-worked before on Windows, and that still broke syncing).
  • There are still many problems about the note editor:
    > The merged format buttons add the click operation needed for editing.
    > Some operations have to be implemented through markdown increasing the learning cost
    > When the editor is opened with a window, the original edit box can still be edited. In this case, there is an editing conflict between the two windows.
    > The differences between heading1~6 are too small to tell apart