PDF view process is very slow for the first time in the released Zotero app for iPhone and iPadOS wh

PDF view process is very slow for the first time in the released Zotero app for iPhone and iPadOS when I use WebDAV.

Also I need to pull down the list of papers several times PDF or close and reopen Zotero app, and wait for while to load first. But I’m not sure which operation is working. After the first PDF was successfully loaded in Zotero app, subsequent PDF could be downloaded smoothly.

But Zotero for Mac, Windows and Ubuntu can download PDF normally when using WebDAV. So the problem is not caused by WebDAV server.

Hopefully this problem could be addressed in new version.
  • same here
    On my iPad, my pdf download status is always "downloading" and I can't finish downloading the document properly.
  • edited March 20, 2022
    Did you recently install the recent iOS updates? Several of us had this problem downloading PDFs from websites when not using the Zotero App. We also had a similar problem when using the iPad mail app. The mail header information would appear in the left column but the selected message itself would indefinitely show that it is loading. A call to AppleCare support said this is a known problem and suggested a power-down and restart. This fixed the problem for me, my wife, and a coworker. The problem hasn't returned since the restart a couple of days ago. I was using the beta when this issue first appeared but after a restart and installing the 1.0 all has remained fine. I hope that a restart works for you.