Feature request: return to previous note after jumping to an item via in-note citation

edited March 20, 2022
Hi,

I have been enjoying using the Zotero 6 public release. I encounter a problem though while working with the new note editor.

I usually write notes (instead of extracting annotations) from the documents attached. As a result, I also refer to other items in the library via the new in-note citation function.

The new in-note citation function works great as it can jump to the cited item in the library directly from the note, however, there is no way to get back to the previous note that I have been reading or working on unless I remember exactly where that note is located (which, I have to go to that specific collection, then go find the item and locate the note among a couple of other notes that I have.

Would it be possible for any of the following:

1. add back←/forward→ buttons at the top toolbar of the library, so I can return to whatever that is that I have been working on (which would then become a library-wide feature to go back to the previous item, whether it is an item, a pdf or a note)

2. automatically include the notes with specific citations into the "related references" of that specific cited item, so that there will be a way to jump back to the note directly from the item, and all notes that are related or citing this specific item can be visible at a glance. (I used to do this manually for each note, but it becomes a lot of work when you cite and write a lot. I guess it would be helpful if we can toggle this function on/off)

Thank you for your great work and kind consideration.