"Linked files are not supported on iOS. You can open them using the Zotero desktop app"

edited March 19, 2022
This discussion was created from comments split from: Announcing Zotero 6 and Zotero for iOS.
  • Any idea about the error message "Linked files are not supported on iOS. You can open them using the Zotero desktop app" on iPad?I use ZotFile + OneDrive to synchronize files and I tried to open .pdf files on my iPad but the error occurs.
  • The message means what it says. The iOS app supports Zotero Storage and WebDAV, not linked files.
  • why did not support linked files? I think storage files and linked files are same,as they all are send iOS via webDav,maybe ipad don't know where they come from. by the way,I wander know they will be supported?
  • Linked files and ”storage files” (stored files) are not at all the same. See here: https://www.zotero.org/support/attaching_files#stored_files_and_linked_files

• Thanks to @haug, I tried Tools → Manage Attachments menu->convert linked files to stored files, it worked on my iPad. You can also select multiple items to convert.