I can't add images into notes

In this new version I can't paste images into the notes
  • edited March 19, 2022
    Pasting isn't currently supported. You can drag images in.

(To be clear, images in notes were never supported before — it was a fluke that they worked at all, and they would break syncing if used. Zotero 6 officially supports them, but pasting doesn't yet work.)
  • I would vote for pasting as a pretty high priority to be a usable workflow;
    it's a major difference to have to save, then open the file system navigator such as Explorer, re-arrange windows to be able to drag, then drag, then put windows back to how I want them for note-taking.

I recognize that there may be some bigger alternatives in the new workflow of zotero annotations . . .
    is it the case that with new zotero pdf reader annotations we can put some kind of frame around images and then it automatically makes a screenshot of that when exporting all to a Note?
  • is it the case that with new zotero pdf reader annotations we can put some kind of frame around images and then it automatically makes a screenshot of that when exporting all to a Note?
    Yes
  • That's pretty cool, @adamsmith
  • anyhow i really need the Clrt v screenshot here, for they can be viewed from notes , other than open the the reader
  • We've restored the ability to paste images into notes on Windows in the latest Zotero beta, and if there are no problems it will be included in 6.0.5 soon. If you try the beta, let us know if you run into any trouble.