Is it possible to link Zotero to create citations within an online database?

edited March 15, 2022
I am building an online database of historical data and would like to know if there is any way to get it to connect to Zotero to create citations within the database. Currently I have a Sources Table, which is a duplicate (and not always a complete/accurate copy) of what I store in Zotero.

Thanks.
  • You don't describe your level of experience and knowledge of working with databases and database programming.

I may be accomplishing what you want by exporting Zotero records in MODS format and using a parser to import those records into my online MySQL database. I paid a web development team to write the parser.
  • Thanks. I am the historian co-PI of a digital humanities project that involves an online MySQL database. MODS parser doesn't mean a whole lot to me, but I've passed it on to my technology colleagues. It seems that with more and more publishing going online, and being dynamic, that Zotero would make a wonderful counterpart as long as there aren't issues of Zotero disappearing, changing their URL, etc.
  • If you have any developers working on this, the cleanest and most flexible approach would be to use the Zotero API to pull from a Zotero group library.
  • Thank you! My developers are glad to hear it.