Ipad to desktop note sync issue

edited March 14, 2022
Hello, this might be a super niche problem, but there's a specific issue that comes up when:
- I use the "add to note" feature for highlights which creates a linked copy of the highlight text in the note on the desktop zotero.
- Then, on my ipad, I try to elaborate on that added note by hitting enter at the end of the linked citation and writing some additional thoughts about the highlight.
- Then when I check the note on desktop zotero, the text I added after the linked highlight gets transformed into a linked citation of the highlight, but without any of my text.

I thought maybe the linked citation was hiding my text like a container, but the only options that come up when I hover are "go to page/show item/edit citation". My added text is essentially gone. When I look at the same note on the ipad, my text is fully there (and Im scared to edit it in case all that work gets lost), so there seems to be something about how the desktop version is reading the ipad-edited note that is disappearing text from linked highlights.