Is there a way to move all items in a GL to a ML?

Realising that sharing a library is a pipe dream, I wondered if there was a way to move all the entries from the GL to ML where I can attach files etc.

Many thanks, Graham
  • sharing a library is a pipe dream
    Not sure what you mean by that — you can certainly attach files in a group library — but you can drag collections or items between libraries.
  • When I first moved to Zotero, one of my dreams was that I would build up a community of researchers and students with similar interests to my own and that we would share resources and discuss them through a Group within Zotero. After eight years, I have given up that idea and no longer expect to share a Group Library.

I would like to begin to attach my own summary files to the Zotero entries (which I would not have done if the database was shared).

However, one of the limitations of Zotero, according to the documentation, is that files cannot be linked to GLs. Hence my enquiry whether anyone knew how to move all the entries in my GLs to MLs, where I should be able to link them.

Thanks, Graham

-------------------
    Here's the documentation: "With linked files, Zotero only stores a link to the location of the original file on your computer. Linked files are not synced, nor are they deleted if the attachment item is deleted in Zotero. They also can't be used within a group library, as there's no guarantee that other group members would have access to the same file location. "
  • Linked files can't be used in groups, correct. Stored files can.
  • (But for summary files, I'd just use notes, which have a host of other advantages, especially in Zotero 6)