Can't download the PDF

Hi all.

My problem is similar to the one another user had in the past - rbackman2 - and my english is not super good so I will copy/paste the parts that apply to my case.

I used to be able to use Zotero and its Chrome extension to perfect effect - I'd go onto Google Chrome, use the "Save to Zotero" button from the article page (not the html PDF), and be able to save citation information AND, most crucially, the PDF.

But now, for some reason, I cannot save the PDF with the button anymore. Zotero will show the little box with each item being downloaded, but without fail the PDF will get a red X next to it. I can access the PDF as one normally would, by clicking on the site's download link, and I can manually put that PDF in the proper location within Zotero. Still, I'd like my old automated process to work once more.

This is the Debug ID I got : D1180399997

Thanks in advance for any help.

• edited March 6, 2022
    Error connecting to proxy -- proxied requests may not work
    That Debug ID doesn't show an actual save attempt — you have to reload the page first in order to trigger another save — but it looks like there's a problem with your proxy server setup. See Connection Error.
  • I don't understand; I use a specific proxy provided by my university in order to have access to scientific litterature. Would I have to remove it?

I try to have another Debug ID but not sure of getting it right : D1169365936

Thanks for your help!!
  • If this is just on APA PsycNet and other sites are working, there's a good chance you're just being temporarily rate-limited. They're extremely aggressive about blocking.

Restart your computer and try again, and if you're still having trouble on that site, just wait a while and see if it resolves itself.