sqlite database update

Dear Zotero team,
I am not familiar with how the SQLite database works, so please forgive me if this is something you can't control. One of my observations is that the whole database is overwritten each time a change occurs:
My zotero.sqlite file is ~100MB. When I drag and drop PDFs into Zotero, it takes a lot of HDD writing for each addition. Dropping 10 PDFs took over 30s before the meta update window shows up. From monitoring HDD disk transfer on task manager, it seems the zotero.sqlite is updated and rewritten for each PDF, and 10 PDF drops causes zotero.sqlite to be overwritten 10 times. I also notice that on HDDs, the zotero.sqlite file is significantly fragmented and affecting the read/write speed quite a lot...
I wonder if it is possible to change the behaviour such that (1) the database update occurs by appending rather than overwriting? (2) a single event dropping multiple PDFs incurs one database update?
Thank you!
Isaac
  • When you add a PDF, Zotero indexes the full-text content and adds the words to the database. That's likely all you're seeing.