PDFs not transferring from My Library collection to a Group library

Hi,

I have transferred references and PDFs from Endnote to the desktop Zotero app without any problems, however, I am now unable to successfully move the PDF attachments to a group library. The references have moved over but the PDFs aren't able to be opened, even though the PDF icon is visible with each reference. An error says: The attached file could not be found at the following path: 'C:\Users\russelag\Zotero\storage\FUM8NWV9\Abas2021.pdf. It may have been moved or deleted outside of Zotero, or, if the file was added on another computer it may not yet have been synced to zotero.org.' The PDFs are stored in a file within My Documents on my PC should they be stored somewhere else? If so where would that be? I have tried syncing for around 48hrs and that hasn't worked. I have also tried to drag and drop a single reference into a 'Test' Group Folder and this also hasn't worked. On the Web library, there are no PDFs attached only links to the PDFs.

Please advise.
  • If you have Zotero set to "download as needed" mode in the Sync pane of the preferences, files that don't exist locally aren't currently copied to groups — that's a bug that will be fixed in a future version. For now, you should download the file first before dragging it to another library. You can see if the file is present locally by looking in Attachments column in the items list.

After downloading the file, you'll need to delete the item from the target library and drag again to copy with the file.