Citation style per item?

Is it possible to set a citation style per item? I have my Default Format set to a Chicago style. However, for some items, I would like to use a different style. I can go into Preferences to change the style when choosing to cite those items, but is there an easier way, i.e., style per item?
  • No, you'd need to create a custom citation style for this.
  • The style I want to use is already an available style. I want to set this "available style" only for certain items in my library, leaving my Default Style set for all other items. For example, when I drag and drop one of those certain items from Zotero into my document, the citation will appear in the "available style," not my Default style. If I later drag and drop one of the other ordinary items, it will appear in my Default style.
  • No. You can set multiple different Quick Copy styles using the Zutilo plugin. But generally dragging and dropping citations is not the best way to work with Zotero. Instead, in most cases you want to use the Zotero Word plugin.

Can you describe in more detail what these special items are? Are they classics or other major works cited by abbreviation or common name?
  • @bwiernik Thank you! I set a Zutilo preference in the Configuration Editor for _alt1.This is perfect for my needs. My default style is Chicago note. The _alt1 is for legal citations, set to OSCOLA (no ibid).