synch error report id 356339921

Hi,
Since updating to 2.0b7.4, I'm having trouble synching. I keep getting the following error message:
Unexpected status code 404 in Zotero.Sync.Storage.Session.ZFS._getFileUploadParameters()

My library was upgraded ok, it just won't synch. I will try a reset from server.
  • Please generate debug output for the sync attempt from the Advanced pane of the Zotero prefs, submit it to the server, and post the Debug ID here. Thanks.
  • Reset from server fixed it. There is no problem now.
  • edited October 23, 2009
    Hi,

I get an error message:
    Report ID 1482699147 and 1451842445.
    I don't understand how to generate the debug output from the Zotero preferences/ Advanced pane. I just have a button that says enable, but it doesn't generate anything.
    Do I reset from server to fix this?
    Thanks,
    Marcia
    I found out how to generate the debug output.
    Here is the debug output
    (4)(+0000000): Registering observer for [collection,search,share,group,bucket] in notifier with hash KK'

(5)(+0000013): SELECT itemTypeID AS id, typeName AS name FROM itemTypes WHERE display=2 ORDER BY typeName

(5)(+0000004): SELECT itemTypeID AS id, typeName AS name FROM itemTypes WHERE display=1 ORDER BY typeName
  • Marcia: In the future, please start new threads for sync issues. Your isn't at all related to Nick's, and different sync issues have different troubleshooting steps.

What's the actual message you're getting when you click on the sync error icon?
  • Hi Dan,
    Thanks for your reply. I was trying to use zotero on my secondary computer (a pc notebook). When I opened firefox, zotero did an upgrade before allowing firefox to start. That went fine. When I finally opened the zotero pane, naturally the sync function went into action to update the local library (I had previously added tons of items while working on my primary computer, an imac). In the middle, the sync stopped and produced a red (not yellow) icon. I clicked for the explanation and got directed to a report-to-zotero screen with an id #. I repeated this operation a couple of times. I noticed that some of the newer items were present in the pc local library, but not all the linked pdfs. So I thought to shut down and restart. Same problem. But eventually, for some inexplicable reason, the problem seems to have resolved itself. It seems as if all the new items and all the attached notes and pdfs are now in the local library of the pc, and the sync button no longer turns red. If this happens again, I'll be more attentive to the specifics of the error message and start a new thread.