Libreoffice 7.3 - Mac Os Montery 12.2.1 - problem with Zotero Connector

Hello I have a problem,
I download Libreoffice, it is said on Zotero page https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#libreoffice
Installation error

At the last step of LibreOffice Integration installation, you may see the message

“An error occurred installing Zotero LibreOffice Integration.”

If you experience this error during plugin installation:

Check that LibreOffice is up to date, as new Java releases sometimes introduce incompatibilities with LibreOffice.
Open the LibreOffice preferences by going to Tools → Options (Windows/Linux) or LibreOffice → Preferences… (Mac). In the dialog, click LibreOffice → Advanced. Ensure that “Use a Java runtime environment” is checked and that a JRE is selected in the list below.
If no JRE appears in the list, install the current Java JDK.
On macOS, LibreOffice 6.4 and 7.1+ work with all JDK versions. LibreOffice 7.0 does not work with JDK versions above 12 on macOS.
M1 Mac users running LibreOffice versions 7.2 or earlier should install the Intel (x64) versions of both LibreOffice and the JDK rather than the Apple Silicon (ARM/aarch64) versions.

I have dowload these JDK but it is not working

https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/downloads/

Can you help me ?
  • Describe the problem that you are facing in detail. What have you tried yourself and what happened at each step?
  • Ok so I download JDK, I oppened libre office and click on extension, it says it cannot work as Java is not installed. Here the message :
    LibreOffice requires Oracle's Java Development Kit (JDK) on macOS 10.10 or greater to perform this task. Please install them and restart LibreOffice. https://hub.libreoffice.org/InstallJava/?LOlocale=en-US

The problem is I cannot find the right JDK for my Mac Os 12.2.1
  • As per the Zotero wiki page you cited earlier, you need to install a non-arm version of LibreOffice (i.e. x64), and install a compatible version of JDK (also x64). Then you need to go into LibreOffice preferences and make sure a JRE is selected. If you've installed compatible versions, it should be selected automatically. After that you should be able to install the Zotero plugin.
  • it is been days that I am trying and nothing works... I am hopeless. Is it possible to show me via Zoom ?
  • I have now this error message, what should I do?

(com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException) { { Message = "C++ code threw N10jfw_plugin25MalformedVersionExceptionE: std::exception", Context = (com.sun.star.uno.XInterface) @0 } }

I am desperate I just want to install zotero in libre office....
  • You have to describe in detail what you have done and what happened, otherwise we cannot help you. Did you install x64 version of LibreOffice and Java? Did you select the x64 JRE in LibreOffice preferences? What happened then?
  • Hello thanks for your response, I think there is problem of compatibility between libre office and mac os Monterey. I try to install jre but when I try to put in the libre office preference it turn down....
    Would it be possible to share my screen so you can see by yourself. I am not really good at computer things but since I can manage some issues. However since I changed my mac it does not work at all and libre office is closing suddently and I have to recover my work every time.