Word extension disabled every time I close a word document

Hello fellow users and Zotero staff, thank you for taking your time in reading me.

I've recently changed my computer and installed both Zotero and Microsoft Office (in that specific order). And now I'm not able to just open Word with the Zotero extension enabled. I have to go to Word -> Options -> Extensions -> Word extensions and check the box every time I want to use Zotero.

All the steps on the troubleshoot have been done, including checking the box in the macros section.

This is not a big deal, but having the Zotero extension not enabled guarantees a few more clicks every time I work on a document, and it will be desirable to have the Zotero extension enabled just as I open word.

Thank you again for your time.
  • That would be some sort of problem in your Word installation.

    Things you can try:

    - Deleting Zotero.dotm from the Word startup folder

    - Deleting Normal.dotm

    - Reinstalling Word

    - Asking Microsoft for help

    But Zotero.dotm is just a standard Word template, and if placed in the Word Startup folder it should start up automatically. I'm afraid that's all we can tell you.
  • edited February 21, 2022
    Fixed! The "problem" was that "Zotero.dotm" was not in the Word startup folder.

    Thanks a lot for your proposed solutions.
Sign In or Register to comment.