Reference list not loading

Hello all, Im new here and struggling a bit.

I am using a 2014 MacBook air, using most up to date iOS (11.6.3, just checked this is the most up to date), and Im using Zotero for my referencing, (also checked Im using the most up to date version). All has been fine until today when I went in to start adding references to my next assignment for uni and it only says 'loading items' in the folder, and the green arrow keeps circling.

I have checked there are no errors in the database and I have restarted with logging enabled. Still nothing. Im freaking out as time is closing in and I need to get this assignment done by the end of the week.

Iv also unlinked my account, quit the programme and restarted but the folders of my account are still there while I was still logged out.

Iv tried to uninstall and reinstall, but it says "The item “Zotero 2” can’t be moved to the Bin because some of its extensions are in use." so I disable the extension for word and tried to uninstall again, but it comes up the same message. So I tried to uninstall the connector and it says Zotero needs to be deleted first! Im just going round in circles now. Please help!
  • Restart your computer, delete both copies of Zotero from Applications, and reinstall it from the download page.

    If it's still not working after that, provide a Report ID.
  • Thanks, I tried that. The original copy was already gone anyway. It just wouldn’t let me delete the second one. I managed to disconnect it somehow and reconnect. I can’t even remember what I did as by this point I was just clicking on random buttons.
Sign In or Register to comment.