can't find styles and translators after update

edited February 13, 2022
I've been running a beta version of Zotero from a specific folder that I downloaded to my desktop. My database exists in my external hard drive (drive D:). After responding to a prompt to update my Zotero (the alpha version is still installed on my system, I just don't open the program), an error message pops up when I open the program (Zotero was unable to load translators and styles) and I can no longer access Zotero on Office Word (which is problematic, because I can't even unlink the fields without access).

Error messages seem to indicate a permission problem with the tmp folder (I don't know how to change permissions of the folder). I have already tried to rest my translators and styles and checked my database integrity from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences. I've also tried to delete the styles and translators directories in my Zotero Data Directory and restarted Zotero.

Report ID: 653617823
  • dstillman Zotero Team
    edited February 13, 2022
    Win error 1392 during operation remove on file D:\Zotero\zotero\tmp\Ab Imperio.js (The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
    This is a problem on your disk, not in Zotero, so you'll need to debug it on your own system. Check your disk for errors.

    If you continue to have trouble and can't solve it, move your data directory back to the default location on the local disk.
  • Resolved after fixing disc errors. Thank you!
Sign In or Register to comment.