Sync error reporting

I'm posting to report an error... the report ID is 1811180546. I just synched my zotero library to a box.net WebDAV folder (and by the way, I'm looking forward to this extra zotero storage space being available). I'm not sure what the errors are yet, or if there's anything significant in terms of actually transferring files. All I know is that I got the sync error icon once my sync was completed.

When I scrolled through the list of errors, it was really, really long, but not being familiar with the programming end of zotero/firefox, I have no idea what it all means.

I am now downloading all my synched files onto a second computer, via my WebDAV folder, so maybe errors will be more apparent once that's completed.

If the info helps, I just recently (in the past 10 days or so) made the switch from Zotero 1.x to 2.whatever the latest beta is, and this is my first attempt to backup the storage via WebDAV. There were about 495 files to transfer.

thanks for all the awesome work so far on zotero!
  • Unexpected file upload status 409
    An 409 HTTP response code means "Conflict", but you'd have to ask your WebDAV provider for the reasons they might return that. Zotero doesn't use any of the HTTP headers that would normally cause that error. There's a possibility it could mean that you've reached a quota on your WebDAV space, though that's not really the appropriate code to use in that case. You can try restarting Firefox and syncing again to see if it goes away.
  • Thanks Dan,

looking at my box.net account, I've only used some 500MB of the 1GB allowance. I'll keep checking to see if there are any significant (as in, preventing me from using Zotero for what I need) issues connected to this.

cheers!
  • Just had a thought... it may have been that I had firefox (and thus zotero) open on two computers at once, both trying to access the WebDAV folder and sync.

I should probably look this up in the forums, but will there be an option for setting sync frequency or even times in future releases of zotero? I couldn't find it in my admittedly cursory exploration yesterday.

thanks,

scott