iPad setup options

Hi. I have a large library that was synced between mac and ipad with iOS beta Zotero app and webdav. Now that webdav provider is no longer available to me, so I'm looking for options.
Do I get it right that iOS beta Zotero app only supports pdf syncing either by Zotero native storage itself or through webdav? So I should migrate to either Zotero storage or a new webdav provider if I want to use the iOS app?
I was hoping to set up things with my google drive, but after a bit of researching this option seems less and less likely to work on the iPad side.

Thanks
  • Do I get it right that iOS beta Zotero app only supports pdf syncing either by Zotero native storage itself or through webdav? So I should migrate to either Zotero storage or a new webdav provider if I want to use the iOS app?
    Yes/Yes
  • Thank you. Would you be supportive if I try to write some code for this?
  • iOS doesn’t have a general file linking system, so any solution involving linked files would require specific code for each individual storage provider. That’s not likely to be supported
  • Would it be possible to support linked folders/open in place integration with the Files app? Then any folder location that a user can grant access to on he device could be used. The References app (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/references/id1481843213) supports this.

This method also works for any compatible file provider locations that properly integrate with the Files app. It doesn’t work with all file provider apps (because not all properly integrate the needed Files integration), but it does open up many more possibilities.