How to purge data in group libraries

I reached the 6GB storage limit. I locally removed all pdfs above some size, so my local storage is now 5.6 GB. I would like to erase the server storage by this reduced local version. However when I use the "Replace Online Library" command it starts syncing and stops immediately saying my quota is overpassed. What to do ?
  • edited February 5, 2022
    If you're saying you deleted attachment items in your Zotero library, you have to empty the trash.

If you're saying you deleted files on disk, that has no effect on your Zotero library, other than making the files unavailable locally.

Do not use "Replace Online Library" — it's not at all appropriate here.
  • I actually deleted files on disk because otherwise removing item by item manually from zotero is way too time consuming. Anyway, what is most appropriate solution to quickly create free space on the server ?
  • Removing them from within Zotero is the only way to do this -- not quite sure why that's more time consuming than in File explorer. You can just expand items and quickly delete attachments using the delete key (remember to empty the Zotero trash once you're done; only then will the space actually be freed up)