Addons in Beta

I've never used any Zotero addons, but wanted to try Zutilo for easier book/chapter relating. Readme says addons are installed via Tools>Addons, but I'm not seeing that menu item in Beta. So either a) Beta doesn't allow any addons or b) it ports them from the release installation or c) there's another way to install? Sorry if I missed clarification on this elsewhere.
  • Most add-ons (including Zutilo) work in the beta and installation hasn't changed at all.
    What are your top-level menu options in Zotero? You should see File -- Edit -- View -- Tools -- Help
    with addons under Tools.
  • File -- Edit -- View -- Go -- Tools -- Help.

Under Tools, only 'Developer'.
  • What are your options under "File"? Just making sure we're looking at the same menu. Also, which operating system?
  • Import Annotations...
    Store Annotations in File...
    —————
    Save As...
    —————
    Print
    Show in Library
    —————
    Close
    —————
    Exit

(Zotero 5.0.97-beta.65+15ae72d14
    Windows 10 Home)
  • Ah -- the top menu changes when you have Zotero's new PDF reader open and selected. You want to have the library tab selected and you should see Add-ons under Tools.
  • edited February 2, 2022
    Aha! I see it. Thanks for your time.
  • Hi, I found out today that I cannot install the xpi addon for Google Scholar Citations, Roamresearch Export and few other addons. Is there a way to also use these addons in the Zotero 6 beta?
  • @maikarnold: Contact the developers of those plugins.