Using only title of edited volume in subsequent citations?

edited January 31, 2022
Hi all, I'm hoping there is an easy solution for this. If I cite several different essays all from the same edited volume, is there a way to only use the shortened title of the edited volume when citing the 2nd or 3rd essay from the same book? As it appears now, if I cite two different essays they both provide the full book citation—which is especially annoying when they are cited in the same note. For instance, this appears:

Halvor Moxnes, “What Is Family? Problems in Constructing Early Christian Families,” in Constructing Early Christian Families: Family as Social Reality and Metaphor, ed. Halvor Moxnes (London; New York: Routledge, 1997), 18; [...and later in the same note...] Philip Esler “Family Imagery and Christian Identity in Gal 5:13 to 6:10,” in Constructing Early Christian Families: Family as Social Reality and Metaphor , ed. Halvor Moxnes (London; New York: Routledge, 1997), 121–49.

It would be helpful if subsequent citations from the same volume appeared as:

Halvor Moxnes, “What Is Family? Problems in Constructing Early Christian Families,” in Constructing Early Christian Families: Family as Social Reality and Metaphor, ed. Halvor Moxnes (London; New York: Routledge, 1997), 18; [...and later in the same note...] Philip Esler “Family Imagery and Christian Identity in Gal 5:13 to 6:10,” in Moxnes, Constructing Early Christian Families, 121–49.

Ideally, according to SBL/Chicago format the editors names should also appear in the second citation.
  • I'm afraid there's just no way to do this with Zotero, which has no awareness that chapters are from the same edited volume.
  • That's unfortunate. I was hoping there was a way to link the essays together with the app in some way or that Zotero could recognize the same title/editor info and group them.
  • This is something that might be available in future versions of CSL, but not for the foreseeable future