Creating a book bibliography

Hi, I'm creating endnotes and a bibliography for a published book.
My endnotes will have journal articles and notes for the books (not full notes).
How do I then create a bibliography with just books? Do I drag all the books into a new folder and create a bibliography from that folder? Or do I have to create a full bibliography and then delete all the journal entries I don't want?
Thanks for any suggestions.
  • Additionally,
    Is there anyway to have the journal articles in the endnotes remain in in "full note" form, while having the books appear in the abbreviated "note" form? (I'm using Chicago 17th edition)
    Thanks!
  • This would require editing the citation style file.

What are all of your differences from the standard Chicago (full note) that you’re looking for?
  • In their endnotes, most books have the "full note" entries for journal articles and abreviated "note" entries for books. Then the bibliography includes only books and contains the appropriate full entries for them.

I'm just wondering if there is a way to do this without manually going in to make the modifications once I create endnotes and a bibliography.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Dan
  • What about for other types of items such as reports, web pages, etc?
  • Reports, web pages, everything except books has the standard "full note" entry in the endnotes. Only books end up in the bibliography. Thanks.
  • I've decided the easiest way to do this final tweak of the bibliography is to do it manually. Not a huge deal. Thanks