Zotero Integration Error

I was trying to edit citations in a word document (Mac, latest MS Word) via the zotero plugin (zotero version 5.0.96.3) but got an error message of 'Zotero Integration Error' Tried doing the same thing in a new, empty word document and clicking through other bottoms in the plugin ribbon, and still got the same error.

Error report ID: 86342152

A little bit more on the situation: I recently switched to a new MacBook from my old one and migrate all the Zotero libraries over. The word document I was working on had its bibliography inserted in the old MacBook but I don't think this is the reason as the error occurred in a new, empty document.

Thanks in advance for any tips or solutions!
  • [JavaScript Error: "*** -[__NSDictionaryM setObject:forKey:]: object cannot be nil (key: /Applications/Microsoft Word.app/ 1) @[getDocument:application.m:204]" {file: "file:///Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/Resources/extensions/zoteroMacWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroMacWordIntegration.js" line: 404}]
    Were you previously using the Zotero beta on this computer?

Try reinstalling the plugin into Word from the Cite → Word Processors pane of the Zotero preferences.
  • yes I previously had the Zotero beta and later swapped to a formally released version. After reinstalling the plugin the problem is solved. Thank you!