Report ID:343828476

I am running in a Windows XP box with Firefox 3.5.3 and just upgraded to the latest 2.0 beta 2.0b7.4.

This required upgrading the database after installation. However, the upgrade fails with a rather long message. This seems like a sql message with a statement of the database being locked? I don't have any other program using the database at this time, although two days ago I used SyncToy to backup the database.

A bug report with the above ID was sent automatically... please check out details, and provide some guide as to how to proceed. I am considerting several options:

1. reboot!
2. Roll back to the prior version of zotero.

Thanks!
G Mercier
  • Thanks for the recommendation, but it did not work.

Here is the error message I get back:

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80630001 [mozIStorageConnection.executeSimpleSQL]" nsresult: "0x80630001 (<unknown>)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: anonymous :: line 140" data: no] [QUERY: ALTER TABLE syncDeleteLog RENAME TO syncDeleteLogOld] [ERROR: database is locked]

Any more thoughts, short of rolling back the version of zotero?

Thanks!
  • edited August 28, 2013
    Is this on a local hard drive, a network drive, a flash drive?

Is there a zotero.sqlite-journal file in the Zotero data directory after closing Firefox? If so, delete it. [Edit for posterity: Don't do this. It could result in database corruption, and if it helped it'd be due to some other root cause that needed to be fixed.]