Zotero backup - files from different collections

Hi, I've been reading some discussions around backing zotero. I've found you have best practices to do this (here: https://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data#locating_your_zotero_data) and do not recommend exporting the folders.
But the files come in a single folder (named storage). The thing is I have different collections for different purposes and I want to differentiate them in a simple way, I mean save the files of a single collection and not from all collections and mixed up. Is there any way to do it?
Thank you for your support.
  • No. But could you say why that's important to you in a backup?
  • Because I work for entities A and B and only B asks me to do a backup. And this way I'll have references from both mixed up.
    First of all, I started with the exporting option but an error is generated related to two specific folders. When exporting folder by folder, I cannot export these 2, the remaining can be exported. That's why I came to the forum, to try to understand why the error is coming up.
    Any other thougths?
  • We can look at the error if you report that with a Report ID in a separate thread, but an export is not a backup and isn't meant to be used that way.
  • Report ID: 1983340703

I understand your recommendation, it is helpful, but I need to differentiate the files of each collection.

Thank you
  • dstillman are you able to help and identify the generated error?
    I need to understand why is it happening.
    Thank you
  • [JavaScript Error: "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIFile.copyTo]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translation/translate_item.js" line: 1210}]
    Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for an export that produces the error?