Chicago Style (Note and Bibliography) - Unsigned Newspaper Article

I am working with numerous newspaper articles from the 19th century, nearly all of which are unsigned. I need to include them in a bibliography. I am using CMOS 17 (notes and bibliography) style.

CMOS 14.199 states that the bibliography for an unsigned newspaper article should place the name of the *newspaper* in place of the author. The current "Chicago Manual of Style 17th edition (full note)" csl places the *article title* in place of the author. Is it possible to modify the csl so that it complies with CMOS 17?

For example, CMOS 14.199 indicates that a bibliography entry for an unsigned newspaper article should be:

New York Times. “In Texas, Ad Heats Up Race for Governor.” July 30, 2002.

The current csl provides instead:

“In Texas, Ad Heats Up Race for Governor.” New York Times. July 30, 2002.

[the name of the newspaper is italicized in all of the above examples]

Thank you for any suggestions. I may very well be missing something obvious, as my familiarity with coding is limited.
  • We just left newspapers out of a line of code there for some reason. We're already doing this for webpages -- will fix pretty soon & post here.
  • I just pushed a fix -- should be live for all standard Chicago styles (16th and 17th edition) in the next 24hs. Check the timestamp on zotero.org/styles