Feature request: focus on one or more collections and hide sibling collections

edited January 9, 2022
EDIT: I am afraid the editor does not retain the extra spaces I added below to make the collection hierarchy easier to understand. Sorry for that.

The cool thing about collections in Zotero is that they can be nested hierarchically. This allows me to group my literature by field of study, project, subject, etc.

One shortcoming of the present system, however, is that it requires all higher-order collections to be visible when viewing a lower-order collection. In other words, if I want to see

collection_ii with the path Library > collection_G > collection_5 > collection_ii

in the following hierarchy

Library > collections_ABC > collections_123 _ collections_i,ii,iii

all collections A through Z and their subcollections 1 through 10 will also be visible. This can make navigation a bit unwieldly, especially if I am switching between collection_ii and another collection frequently for a task I am working on.

A great option would be to hide higher-order sibling collections once a specific subcollection has been selected. In the browser, it could look like this:

Library
(...)
collection_G
(...)
(...)
collection_5
(...)
(...)
collection_ii [selected]
(...)

You could also make it possible to show all sibling collections of a specific level:

Library
(...)
collection_G
(...)
(...)
collection_
collection_1
collection_2
collection_3
collection_4
collection_5
collection_6