Information edited in my library, doesn't show up in the bibliography!

When I add/edit information of an item in my library, the changes doesn't appear in the bibliography, even when I refresh my citations in zotero tab of my word document. I found the only way for the changes to appear is to delete the citation in my word document and add it again! I made changes to most of items in my library and I want all of them to be updated with the new information. Isn't there more straightforward option?!
  • This would happen if 1) you previously edited the citations directly in the document and told Zotero to keep changes when it asked, 2) you're editing different versions of the items from the ones in your document (e.g., if you deleted items instead of merging them and had actually cited the deleted ones), or 3) you accidentally flattened citations, in which case they wouldn't show up in the bibliography at all.

You can check which one by clicking on one of the citations that's not updating and clicking Add/Edit Citation. If it's (1), it will ask you if you want to reset the citations. If it's (2), it will show the citation in the citation dialog, but if you click the blue bubble, either "Open in My Library" won't appear at the bottom of the popup or it will you to a different item in your library. If (3), you'll get an empty citation dialog.