Tags and exported *.csv

edited December 25, 2021
Hello fellow users of Zotero,

When exporting an item with multiple tags to a *.csv file, the tags in this exported file are not in order of things; or perhaps in a chronicle order of writing? Is it possible to change this from a chronicle to an alphabetical order?

Thanks.
  • It'd be possible I guess, but why?
  • For example, those who do not use Zotero, and for cleaning a lot of tags. The last is what I am doing right now. I know there is a difference between automatic (orange) and manual (blue) tags, thus/but I am cleaning the manual (blue) tags. Meanwhile I am cleaning those automatic (orange) tags too, but this request is more for the manual (blue) tags.

Background Info: I started to use these tags way more often and in a more efficient way; at least for myself. Before I used the terms that stand in the list of content of that item/book/article. For this request I will use a fictional article about the difference in theology and sociology in scientist and laypeople.
    Before I used tags like Pseudoscience, Theology, Sociology, etc. Now I am using the root verb/noun/adj. of these terms in the content of those items: Pseudo, Science, Theo, Social. With the nifty result that a tag can be used by multiple section of the same item. Like Science is used here three times, in relation with Pseudo, Theo and Social; as -logy means logica and thus Science.
    When reviewing these tags straight in Zotero, I do not (yet) see an option to make a difference between seen&approved, added, and unwanted tags. At the end, I am not sure if I have seen all tags and have removed all unwanted tags, to have a clean list of tags at the end.
    However I can easily review these tags in another program than Zotero. By exporting the data to *.csv, and using Calc to select the necessary columns, I can make visual changes to these tag in Writer. I make Seen&approved tags just bold, Added bold and caps, and Unwanted tags becomes striked. At the end of the content list of each item, I am sure that I have seen every tag, because the appearance of each tags are changed when I am done.

Request: In order to do this more efficient, I would like to have these tags order in an alphabetical order, so that the tags are easy to look u. Now these are randomly/chronicle ordered, so that I have to look each word again, to find a tag in *.csv. Therefore I would like to request to have these tags exported in a alphabetical order.