Citation inserted in one document appears in another document

Does the following unexpected behavior ring an immediate bell, or will I need to report this in more detail (debug ID)?

I have several Word docs open. Working in one of them, I insert a citation but it ends up being inserted in a different document, at the cursor location there. This behavior repeats if I restart Word and Zotero.

Yet one more bug that appears to manifest after I upgraded from Office 2019 to 2021...
  • edited December 22, 2021
    It appears the doc in which I want to insert citations is one in which any other Zotero command will trigger the "Zotero experienced.." error that I reported in another thread. There, as always, the only thing that makes it go away is restarting the PC.

This all is becoming really, really tiring..

• edited December 23, 2021
    I have several Word docs open. Working in one of them, I insert a citation but it ends up being inserted in a different document, at the cursor location there.
    No, that's not something anyone else has reported.

To be clear, you're saying you're clicking Add/Edit Citation and it's inserting the citation into something other than the front-most document?

Can you make a screen recording of that happening, upload it somewhere (e.g., Dropbox or Google Drive), and provide a link here? And can you also provide a Debug ID for it?
  • edited December 24, 2021
    Happy to do that, but would first prefer to get to the bottom of the [other issue](https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/93447/zotero-experienced-an-error-updating-your-document?new=1), which seems to be at the root: as I said, this only happens for documents that produce that particular error, and I get that error multiple times a day.

PS: how the heck does one hyperlink a word in this plaintext field, since mini-Markdown formatting seems not to work?!
  • The form supports (filtered) html