zotero protocol on ipad beta (feature request)

edited December 21, 2021
Hi

I've just (belatedly) discovered zutilo and the "zotero" protocol which allows me to use a URL of the form

zotero://select/library/items/34CHVD4E

anywhere on my mac to open a specific zotero item. This is probably my most important discovery wrt zotero in living memory ... :-) :-)

... but it doesn't work on the ipad.

(Compare with the x-devonthink-item://uri which works seamlessly across ipad and mac to link from third party applications into the devonthink apps.)

Is there any chance the zotero select protocol could be implemented in the ipad zotero?

• Yes, this is planned.
  • Excellent. Thanks. I'll look forward to that :-).
  • We've added support for zotero:// links in the latest version.
  • Fantastic. This is already simplifying elements of my workflow (although I have realised I need to have zotero open first, but that's not too much different from life on the desktop vis-a-viz capturing from the web).
  • although I have realised I need to have zotero open first
    What do you mean by that?
  • If zotero isn't open or hasn't synced recently, it seems to start the sync, and never get around to going to the paper I was jumping too ... (I can't test this right now, as it's all open, and recently sync'd ... I'll wait a bit and do a bit more forensic analysis ... but this is very much either a tiny wrinkle or my impatience. I'll report on which.)