Filtering Highlights by Tags

I don't think I see a way to move between, isolate, or otherwise focus only on my text highlights that have specific tags. I don't manage to filter my collection to items where the notes have certain tags either, only if the entire document (the document itself) has been tagged.

Am I doing something wrong or is this not possible? It's pretty gutting to have been organizing highlights and thoughts these past semesters with tags only to find those tags cannot be called upon at all now, when I need to be writing. I must be doing something wrong, please help me!?
  • Filtering annotations by tags isn't yet implemented in the beta, but it should be available soon.
    I don't manage to filter my collection to items where the notes have certain tags either, only if the entire document (the document itself) has been tagged.
    Just to clarify, if you're referring to tags on child notes here, you can certainly do that via the tag selector. If you mean note annotations on the PDF, those aren't yet filterable.
  • I do mean note annotations. It would be so valuable (for me, sure, since i'm already heavily invested, but also for others) to be able to says "oh this quote touches upon X,Y,Z, topic so i apply this keyword" or "i want to quote this in my introduction, so i use an introduction tag" and then click or key in to pull up every quote / highlight that I felt had to do with 'introduction' and see them in one place.

If we're talking about the same thing then I am very excited that it will be hopefully available soon. I had misunderstood what was possible and so my workflow was flawed from the start. In any case, I've made this bed and now i have to sleep in it.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me!
  • click or key in to pull up every quote / highlight that I felt had to do with 'introduction' and see them in one place
    To be clear, are you envisioning doing this in the annotations sidebar (to add specific tagged annotations from a given PDF to a note) or from the items list (to add specific tagged annotations across all PDFs to a note)?

They'll both be possible, but the former will be possible sooner.
  • Well, the latter feels like a super-powered version of the former and if I'm honestly, that is the feature I had pictured.

It's helpful in that it would reveal the tagged annotations themselves but if it showed the source papers then it would also help one concept map the papers together.

But even if I did have to click from paper to paper, it wouldn't matter to me - it would still be 1) amazing 2) incredibly helpful (especially if the filter were persistent as one clicks between pdfs).

I look forward to the roll-out of these features, whenever they may come. Thank you again for your time.