Unsubscribe RSS feed fail.

Zotero-5.0.97-beta.57+07df7d0de
MacOS 12.0.1

When I want to unsubscribe from an RSS feed, Zotero doesn't delete it.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start Zotero.
2. Click on "Unsubscribe from feed…" in the left pane.
3. Click on "Unsubscribe" from the pop-up window with "Are you sure you want to unsubscribe from this feed?"

Zotero have no reaction.
  • Report ID: 258432841
  • [JavaScript Error: "Error: Can't get last page index key for feed item" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data/item.js" line: 3360}]
    Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for the same action?
  • (3)(+0000001): Deleting feedItem 2791

(4)(+0000000): SELECT itemID FROM itemNotes WHERE parentItemID=?1 UNION SELECT itemID FROM itemAttachments WHERE parentItemID=?1 [2791]

(3)(+0000001): Deleting item 3058

(4)(+0000003): SELECT itemID FROM itemAnnotations WHERE parentItemID=? [3058]

(1)(+0000004): Rolled back DB transaction TaEJR3g0

(1)(+0000000): Can't get last page index key for feed item
    It looks like you somehow ended up with a file attachment attached to a feed item? Do you have any idea how that might have happened? Possibly from a plugin you have installed?

I can give you some code to run to clean that up, but the database shouldn't be in that state.
  • I do have install add-ons. I use the RSS to follow the study trend, I may try to download pdf by Add-on. May it be the problem?
  • Yes, that's likely what caused this. For the next beta, I've added a workaround to allow the invalid attachment to be deleted.
  • OK looking forward
  • The beta with this fix is already out.