Temporarily swithing off the Annote:tag / exclude reference (i.e. item) from bibliography

Hi, I am using the SBL HS2 full note style for my dissertation. This style requests to abbreviate certain items (e.g. dictionaries or lexicons) with standard abbreviations. I found a helpful suggestion how to do this using the Annote: tag in the Extra field.

Example:
When quoting a specific verbum from Montanari's Dictionary, Annote:MGS enables me to get MGS, s.v. πάροδος. instead of Franco Montanari, The Brill Dictionary of Ancient Greek, ed. Madeleine Goh and Chad Schroeder (Boston, MA: Brill, 2015), s.v. πάροδος.

So far so good. However, I have a challenge. In a specific footnote I am referencing the Dictionairy in its entirety and therefore I don't want to use the abbreviated form (i.e., MGS), but the full bibliographical details (i.e., Franco Montanari, The Brill Dictionary of Ancient Greek, ed. Madeleine Goh and Chad Schroeder (Boston, MA: Brill, 2015).

How can I achieve this?

My own thoughts so far:
1. I thought about duplicating the item entry in the Zotero-database, but that will make the data redundant and will result in a duplicate entry in my bibliography. In that case it would be necessary to be able to exclude the item from the bibliography.
2. I wondered whether there is a tag or smth which prevents the rendering according to the Annote: tag for this single citation. Haven't found such a thing yet.
3. The uggliest solution is to "hard code" the full citation in the footnote, but this has the disadvantage of unlinking the citation from its entry in the Zotero database.

Any suggestions to keep the link with Zotero, avoid redundant data, and achieve the desired behavior?

Thanks in advance!

Vincent
  • You could make the formatting dependent on the presence of a locator, so in pseudo code:
    if variable="locator"
    text short form

else
    text long form
  • Thank you for your answer.
    I understand the logic, but I think I need some additional explanation.

1. Where should I add this locator (I think this would be in the word processor (in my case Word)?
    2. And are there some examples available on how to evoke the desired behavior?