Zotero keeps using the wrong citation style

I'm using Chicago Manual of Style 17th edition (note) and i want my footnotes to show author, title of the source and page. At the beginning everything was fine, but now Zotero keeps showing only author and page, no matter how often I refresh everything. The weird thing is, that sometimes it still works correctly and the first few right citation are USUALLY staying that way. Only sometimes Zotero refreshes them, so the title of the source disappears. It's so annoying and i really don't know what to do anymore.

Example:
Brünink, „Studieren mit Beeinträchtigung Zahlenspiegel 2018“, 12.
Brünink, 13.

Any tips?
(Sorry, for my bad english, i'm not a native speaker. I hope you can understand my question)
  • Use your own language. There are experts here that are likely to understand and be more able to help you. From what I understand from your original post, your example looks correct for subsequent cites to a source.
  • Their English is great, though! (but yes, feel free to post in other languages if that's easier)

What you are seeing *is* Chicago style. The just author form is what the the 17th edition recommends instead of ibid. If that isn't what you want, you can fit other options for Chicago 17 on the style repository
  • Thank you for your answers! I'll try a post in german, too.

In the document preferences Chicago Manual of Style 17th edition (note) is always selected and the preview looks exactly like I want it to. That's why i don't understand why Zotero keeps jumping to different forms of Chicago in my footnotes.
  • What I'm saying is that this is Chicago Note and all you are seeing is the same citation style. Chicago Manual suggests using just the author when works are cited again immediately (this used to be ibid./ebd.)
  • Is it possible you are use to the 16th edition, which instead of using the author's name it used Ibid? I'm not sure why they decided to get rid of that method, however the 17th edition of CMOS no longer uses Ibid. But to echo others, yes, that is the new correct way to cite consecutive (back-to-back) footnote/endnote citations.

Maybe it was also because you had other citations in between? If you were to have something in between, it would look something like this for example:
    footnote 1 is citing a book by Smith, so it looks like "Smith, I Made a Book!, 35"
    footnote 2 uses Smith again, "Smith, 35"
    footnote 3 uses Brünink, so the footnote would be "Brünink, „Studieren mit Beeinträchtigung Zahlenspiegel 2018“, 12.",
    then if you go back to using Smith in footnote 4 it would look like "Smith, I Made a Book!, 35."