Can't use IME when creating collections in the latest beta

Can't use IME when creating collections in the latest beta. The latest stable version works like a charm.
  • edited December 3, 2021
    Do you mean that you can't type into the dialog that pops up after clicking the New Collection button? Or are you referring to in-row editing of a collection in the collections list?

I seem to be able to use IME to insert Chinese characters either way in the beta. Could you provide exact steps to reproduce this? Also, what Windows version?
  • I'm using macOS 11.2.3 and zotero 5.0.97-beta.57+07df7d0de, and I mean I can't type into the dialog for collections' names.
    I've tried the default IME that comes with macOS, and 鼠鬚管(open-source IME available at https://rime.im/). Both of them don't work after clicking "Create Collections", but work if I open the dialog first, focus some other application, then focus back.

The position of IME's popup window isn't right either. At first, the popup is shown on the lower-left corner of the screen. Focus out and back will make it show in the right position.

sry for my delayed reply.
  • Could you explain the exact steps you take to activate the built-in IME? I've tried the English on-screen keyboard, Chinese stroke input, Pinyin, and Romaji, and all display in the correct location on the screen and input fine, so I'm assuming that you're using something different or have it configured differently.
  • @AbeJellinek Sorry for the late reply, Gmail put the notification email into the spam folder.

This problem seems fixed in the current latest beta, so I think it is not necessary for you to try to reproduce this issue. But just for reference:

For me, the built-in IME is enabled after a fresh install of macOS, as long as you choose "Chinese" while installing. I can add or remove Chinese IMEs in "preferences -> keyboard -> IME". (Not sure if this is the exact text on English macOS).