Zotfile Extracting Colorfully

Hello everyone,

First of all, thanks for the amazing work, Zotero Team! I am happily using Zotero each day.

Something came to my mind though: would it be possible to integrate into the Zotfile Plugin a function that detects colors? I.e. when I am working on a PDF and highlight the document, I am usually using different colors for better oversight (e.g. red for thesis, green for arguments pro, yellow for contra, etc.). Yet, when extracting the annotations and highlights, everything comes out in plain text (though notes introduced in the PDF are already rendered in italics which kind of goes into this direction). Not that this wouldn't be an amazing tool already, but if on top the colors of the highlights were preserved...

I am not sure if anyone else is interested in this idea, but I thought in any case, I throw it out there!

Thank you again and all the best
  • Thanks for the initiative with the Beta versions for Ipad and for the Zotfile Plugin. I am very happy with them.

I think Paul Keller has a great idea!
    Since zotero for Ipad allows user to choose the highlight colour, I use different colours to identify different topics/subjects or the relevance of them. It would be amazing to extract highlights and notes by colour.

Thank you again!
  • This already exists in Zotero beta - you can choose your highlight colours and then, when you add a note from your annotations, you can right-click on the note and show the highlight colours on your annotations. Extracting notes automatically from your colours - so for example you have all your blue highlights on one note - as you can do with Zotfile now after changing your preferences) is also planned.