Zotero could not find any identifiers in your input.

D528099896

Being and Time. Martin Heidegger. When I search online it comes up without a problem. ISBN 9781684223282. What next?
  • edited November 29, 2021
    That ISBN shows up on Amazon and a couple other online sources, but it's not registered in any of the primary ISBN databases that Zotero uses (Library of Congress, WorldCat, and a few others), so Zotero isn't able to retrieve metadata for it.
  • Thanks, dstillman. I appreciate your reply. I have the book in my hand. It's real and it quite clearly has its ISBN number printed inside the front cover and on the outside back cover. Somebody screwed up, I guess. Covid? Shortage of lorry drivers? Those seem to be the most popular excuses.
  • No, you just have a (common) misperception about ISBN numbers: different than, e.g. DOIs, ISBNs are decentralized and there is no guarantee that there's metadata for every book available from an authoritative source. So for self published books, very new books, or, as in your case, uncommon editions of widely used works, add by ISBN will fail without any screw ups anywhere