"Generate report from selected items" cannot get images from notes

Win: Zotero 5.0.97-beta.57 +07df7d0de

I really like the function of "Generate report from selected items", And I ofter use this function to aggregate the note from different notes.

When I use "select area" to annotate pdf and add the image to the notes, Or add images from my computer to the notes. Then Generate reports from selected items, It doesn't work. why this might be happening ? Can the developers fix it?
  • We already support this. It doesn't work with none of your notes or only some of them?
  • None of my notes works. It works in Zotero 5.0 stable, But can't work in Zotero beta. When I use the beta version of Zotero, the image cannot be displayed in the report generated by the "Generate report from selected items" function, regardless the image is added to the note through the "Select Area" function or my computer. Currently, I can only use text to take notes, but this is very inconvenient.

In addition, the image in the note cannot be copied to the "Word", no matter the image is added to the note through the "select area" function or my computer.
  • Can you provide exact steps to reproduce this with an image annotation from a PDF, along with a Debug ID?
  • there is no debug id. my step are here.

generate a report from annotation:
    1. use "select area" annotation in pdf.
    2. use “Add Item Note from Annotations” to generate a note, and the image is in the note.
    3. use "Generate report from selected items" to generate a report, but the image is not in the report.

copy image to the "word":
    1. select all and copy.
    2. paste to "word". but nothing be pasted.

here is the video above, I hope it can help you.

link:https://pan.baidu.com/s/1VIj0qIuEa6-b8spLWd-8pw
    password:iix2
  • there is a debug id: D1628037395

thanks a lot.
  • edited November 30, 2021
    I'm not quite sure what that's showing at the end. I'm not seeing you scroll down to view the note in the report at all — it just looks like you're viewing the metadata table at the top.

But you also have the Zotero Report Customizer plugin installed, so if you're not seeing the images in the note itself in the report you should test with that plugin disabled.
  • Copying and pasting to Word should also work, but there's a new Add Note button in the Word plugin toolbar that you can use to insert Zotero notes into your document with active citations.
  • edited December 11, 2021
    thanks for your help! When I disabled the "Zotero Report Customizer" plugin, images in the note can be displayed.

But Copying and pasting to Word still have some problems.
    step:
    1. use "Generate report from selected items" to generate a report.
    2.Ctrl+A select all and Ctrl+C copy the content, then Ctrl + V pasting to Word. text is ok, but the images are gone.

and use the "Add Note" button to add notes to Word, the images also can't be displayed. Word prompts "Unable to display the linked image. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Please verify that the link points to the correct file and location."

here is the video.

link:https://pan.baidu.com/s/1xJROr3RFG8KmPCSU2tqyHA
    password:ix82

• @beifengli The last video link no longer works. Can you re-upload it?
  • The link is fixed, thanks for your help.