Embedded images in child notes

The Zotero documentation states that:

"You can embed images into Zotero notes by dragging them from your filesystem. Note, however, that embedded images are not officially supported and will not sync (and may potentially cause other syncing problems). If you need images to sync in Zotero, you should add them as separate attachment files. Additional support for embedded images in notes will be added in a future version."
(https://www.zotero.org/support/notes)

I was just wondering if those "syncing problems" were still a concern for the new beta (and I should avoid pasting images in notes for now) or is embedded images in notes is something that the beta should support?

I am also using the beta iOS version — is support for embedded images in notes something planned there too?
  • Images in notes are fully supported in the beta
  • Wonderful ! Thanks !
  • I just tested it ; it seems to work when dragging e.g. a png in the notes window but not when pasting an image from the clipboard. I think it could be quite useful to be able to paste images directly in there — for instance, I often find myself taking screenshots of relevant equations/figures in a paper when I’m making notes.
  • Another thing I just noticed: images aren’t visible in the iOS app. Is this normal (not implemented yet) ?
  • Support for pasted images is coming.

The iOS app has the original note editor, not the new one from the desktop beta, so it doesn't yet support embedded images.
  • Got it, thank you!