URL Links displayed correctly but take you to Zotero

Hello,
In a class of 15 students, two have their URL links that display on the essay page correctly but when you hover over they take you to Zotero, not the original source. All other students also using Zotero have URL links that work correctly. Does anyone know what the two students need to do in settings to have the links work correctly?
  • edited November 15, 2021
    Sorry, it's not clear what you're referring to here. Can you say more? What "essay page" are you referring to? What URL links are you hovering over? What "settings"?

It might help if you take a few screenshots, upload them somewhere (e.g., Dropbox or Google Drive), and provide a link here.
  • I'm referring to the URL links that appear in the citations from the student's essay (footnotes and bibliography). By settings, I am referring to the Zotero settings the students has set-up on their account since 10 other students don't have this problem. I can send a screenshot, but I don't see how in this discussion forum.
  • To share a screen, upload your image to GDrive/Dropbox/etc. and share the URL here.
  • I said how to share a screenshot above.
  • Do you know if the students in question used Google docs to write? I'm also no 100% clear what you are seeing, but Google docs with Zotero citations shared as is are the only way I can think of how to get a link to zotero.org in a document
  • Right, if they're using Google Docs and don't properly unlink citations, the citations will be links to https://www.zotero.org/google-docs

They need to make a copy of the document and unlink citations in it using the plugin before sharing it. The plugin will warn them to do that if they try to download the document without unlinking, as long as they've interacted with the plugin in that session.
  • Thank you everyone! They are using Google Docs. I will tell them what to do.